Maren Beckman – Professional Biography
As a Certified Life Transitions and Relationship Coach, mediator, and former mental health therapist, I am focused on individuals, couples and families in transitions, including family mediations, divorce and career change. I hold a certification in professional coaching from the Coaches Training Institute and a certification in mediation and advanced conflict resolution from the U.S. Arbitration and Mediation of Minnesota.
My clients tell me that through my coaching they experience immediate relief and gain long-term tools and skills they can use in every transition they may face in the future and with all of their relationships.
Prior to coaching, I spent 12 years as a mental health psychotherapist, counseling individuals and couples facing stress-related issues, grief, anxiety, life adjustment issues and mood disorders.
I believe each one of us has the power to become more awake, alive, and aware in our lives. In short, I believe that anyone can begin again—no matter what the circumstance.
Professional and Community Leadership
- Member, Minnesota Coaches Association
- Member, International Coach Federation
- Member and President, Business Networking International (BNI) – Minnesota Chapter
- Member, Women Entrepreneurs of Minnesota
- Board of Directors, Woman Within International,a nonprofit organization that helps women across the globe overcome adversity to achieve their dreams.
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, St. Mary’s University
- B.A., Southwest Minnesota State University
I enjoy reading, running, and nature hides, gazing at sunsets, sliding across wood floors in socks, and just about anything that involves play and humor, especially with my family.